The Village of Elkhorn, Incorporated on September 5, 1906, is situated approximately 105 kms west of the City of Brandon and 290 kms from Winnipeg, on the Trans Canada Highway and also on the main line for the Canadian Pacific Railway. Elkhorn also has daily bus and truck transfer service.
Potential business can also take advantage of the supply of safe clean water along with access to natural gas as an energy source.
The community surrounding Elkhorn is well adapted to mixed farming, with a large volume of cattle and hogs being produced in the area.
The Manitoba Automobile Museum located in Elkhorn has also become a major tourist attraction in the province. Visitors come from miles away to take a trip back in time. Also included in Elkhorn is a curling rink, skating rink, spray park and nine hole golf course which act as a hub of activity in their perspective seasons.
Industries locating, expanding or modernizing in Elkhorn may be eligible for federal and provincial financial support under various incentive programs.
Major employers in the community include the Manitoba Department of Highways, Fort La Bosse School Division, Prairie Mountain Health Authority, Twin Valley Co-op, Tutthill Construction, Midwestern Redi-Mix Concrete, Third Dimension Industries and the R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth.